Wednesday, June 2, 2010

too late with the lechuga

Each year, we try a new vegetable in the garden. Last year was the first time we tried squash we were quite successful.  This year, it's lettuce.  Having done some simple research (ie. asked my dad) about lettuce, I learned that's it prefers the colder months.  So it should have been put in the ground sometime in March (I think), but it didn't happen. It's in the garden now and its leaves look healthy, but I'm not sure what the future holds for our 3 lettuce plants.  Can you imagine seeing this lettuce at your local grocery store? I imagine it would look like the picture above (click it for a larger image) Yummmm! :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried arugula this year. Made mistake and put it in a pot with basil which is crowding it out. Will try again in fall.

    ReplyDelete