Friday, June 4, 2010

grass-be-gone

There's nothing I can really do to stop the grass from growing underground right this second, so I just lifted the euonymus branches up and grabbed the grass as low as I could and started pulling it out.  One of these days I will install the black edging but for now it looks pretty good.

The Chris Bantz Vegetable Garden is doing well. The little thunderstorm that rolled through yesterday seems to have yielded enough water so I don't have to hose it down.  I noticed one of the cucumber plants was bent in the main stem.  It looks pinched, but I'm hoping it's not so damaged that it can't recover.  Aside from the one squash plant that shriveled up, most of the other plants look great. Even the shriveled up squash has new growth on it, so I'm not giving up hope on it.  I would like to thank Grace for her generous addition to our garden:
Peas!! Unfortunately one of the peas shriveled up already, but the others made it into the garden. This is our first attempt at peas, so wish us luck. 
When they get a little bigger, I'll put in some support poles for them to climb.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't give my husband some gardening advice. He knew he was weeding poison ivy...yet he didn't feel it was important to wear long sleeves. Maybe subconsciously he wanted poison ivy all over his arms so he wouldn't have to hold his children for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get allergy shots for poison ivy every year when I was a kid. Just sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of allergy shots for poison ivy. I just get them for the standard stuff like ragweed, grass, trees, mold, etc.

    ReplyDelete