Thursday, July 29, 2010

Weed-be-gone

The garden has been overwhelmed with weeds. As you can see, my sub-title of "daily write-up" is no longer accurate due to the fact that I've been weeding and harvesting and trying to keep the plants healthy.  We had a tremendous storm/wind come through last week.  Most of my tomato cages have been pulled out of the ground due to the growth of the plants and the storm knocked them all over.  I'm thinking the cages are not the best solution for keeping my tomatoes off the ground, so I'll try stakes next year and see how that goes.
I just did a google search for lettuce plants. Mine appears to be alien since there were no other images like mine.  I'm not sure what type of lettuce I planted as I ripped the entire top of the package off.  However, looking at it, it says "Crisp & Colorful" on the bottom. Going to Burpee's website I couldn't really find one that looked like mine.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever find out what kind of lettuce it was that you planted. I just bought my house and there is a patch in the yard where an old garden was. I have sprouts of all sorts of stuff coming through and I have about 15-20 of these lettuce stalks growing.

    ReplyDelete