Thursday, July 8, 2010

Veggies-a-plenty

Here's an example of why tomato cages are the pits. I can't do a thing about this without hurting the plant or removing the cage.  Hopefully the cage can still support the rest of the plant because I'm looking forward to eating some yummy cherry tomatoes.
Here's one of the branches splitting off of the plant. I could just rip it off and be done with it, but I won't willingly rip off a part that's still growing and contains enough of a lifeline to produce those aforementioned yummy cherry tomatoes.
I believe we have our first spaghetti squash. These are my favorite. I've never let them grow up the fence before and I can only imagine the stress it will put on the vine as they get bigger, but you gain the benefit of my (soon-to-be) 1st hand experience to determine this method.
The butternut squash are also coming in. My wife's favorite. She makes fries out of them. Yummm!
And finally my first cucumber ever. It looks a bit puny, but I have high hopes for it and will nurse it along to the delicious veggies it is.

7 comments:

  1. Wow- those vegetables are coming in fast- great job with the garden- you should be eating well soon. I hope Hazel, Bigwig, and Fiver don't read your blog though- you might be missing some of those !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cucumber looks kind of scary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy these veggie-tales !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos- they are in 3V (3 Veggies !)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget butternut squash - where is the butterfinger squash ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might need to save some of these vegetables for the Big E !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are spaghetti squash from Italy ?

    ReplyDelete