Monday, March 21, 2011

Chris Bantz Vegetable Garden 2011 - begin

January garden in CT

Obviously it's a bit early to start on the garden, but I couldn't resist showing the snow.  It's not the greatest representation of the amount of snow we got this year (approx. 54" in January alone), but if you look at previous pictures, you can see how high up on the fence the snow has accumulated.  And while it looked like it would take the rest of the winter for the snow to melt, all it took was a moderate temperature and a boatload of rain.

We've decided to grow a wider variety of veggies this year and we're going to cut back on the cherry tomatoes and peppers. We had so many last year, we couldn't even give them away.  In previous years, I never had the heart to grow the plants from seeds and then just throw them out if they look a little weak.  Unfortunately that has led to an overcrowded garden and more food than we know how to cook.  So this year I vow to destroy the runts of the litter (mwah-ha-ha-ha).  I still haven't figured out a good balance for our garden. I should probably make it bigger, but I'll see if I can master this size before I get carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment