Saturday, August 21, 2010

homemade salsa

Our latest harvest... (not too shabby)

I've heard cherry tomatoes don't make the best salsa, but after experimenting I'd have to disagree. Unfortunately all of the ingredients are not from our garden. We didn't grow onion, garlic or cilantro....or the squeeze of lime juice I squirted in, but the tomatoes, jalapeno, serrano, and white pepper are all ours.
Homemade salsa with Pop's Rum/Tonic
All I have to say is this is what makes the garden worth it....that and YUM!!

2 comments:

  1. Homemade salsa and rum tonics--now that says summer! Our tomatoes are done, stopped producing as soon as it got really hot, so we're trying to get them at roadside stands and farmers markets now. We still have tons of not-so-very- hot peppers too. Are your serranos hotter than the jalapenos? Growing cilantro is tricky too--it doesn't seem to like the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay in response. Yep, our serranos are a bit hotter than the jalapenos. I left them on the plant for a longer period of time. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I'm happy with them. You can probably taste some today ;)

    ReplyDelete