Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 3


Most of the plants appear to be doing well. Although some of the squash and maybe the cucumber look to have some leaves that are shriveled. I've been watering them so I don't think it's lack of hydration, and there is enough drainage in the soil to prevent over watering. I have never had luck with cucumbers so I'm curious to see how this year goes. The tomatoes and pepper plants look very healthy.

I have been using weed barrier in the garden to keep the retched plants at bay, but I wonder if that's the best solution. I notice that people around me, that have larger gardens, do not use it. Do they just pull the weeds on a regular basis?

I have also started a blog about our pumpkin garden. While I'm not trying to go for any world-record size pumpkins, it's lots of fun for the kids come Halloween time :)

1 comment:

  1. When are you going to start shipping the tomatoes down to DC?

    ReplyDelete